Top 10 Theme Park Rides in Orlando
When you stay at the Fantasy World resort in Kissimmee Florida, you are ideally situated to visit the numerous theme parks in Central Florida. Plus, Fantasy World has its own water park and a wealth of games and attractions in its own right, meaning you’re never short of fun things to do. However, if you’re looking for some of the best rides in the Orlando theme parks, you’re equally spoiled for choice. Here are some of the most popular rides, ranging from awe inspiring to stomach dropping, ensuring something for everyone.
- The Lego Movie Masters of Flight is a flying theater in The Lego Movie World at Legoland Florida. Soar on Emmet’s Triple Decker Flying Couch as you experience a fun ride that features the stars of the Lego movies.
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man ride in Marvel Super Hero Island at Universal’s Islands of Adventure let’s you become an intern at The Daily Bugle, trying out the automated news gatherer, the SCOOP. Of course, villains invade, and soon you’re dealing with fireballs, floods, and even a 100-story drop. Fortunately, Spider-Man is there to save the day. This is a great combination of movement and visuals.
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will give you chills from the moment you first enter the ride to the sounds of a scratchy record playing. You start off in a rickety freight elevator, but from there things get weird and wild. You go up an unlucky 13 stories, then suddenly start gliding forward until you come to a stop. And wait. With nerves fraying, you suddenly drop 130 feet down before bouncing right back up. These sudden, unexpected drops are what make this ride a favorite and best of all, no two rides are quite the same.
- Splash Mountain at the Magic Kingdom is a true classic and favorite. Although this flume ride is perhaps best during the summer months, the fact that Orlando stays warmer throughout the year means you can enjoy this wet and wild ride for much of the year or just come prepared with a change of clothes or full rain gear!
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster at Universal’s Islands of Adventure launches riders up 150 feet in the air at super speed, accelerating to 40mph in less than two seconds. From there, you spiral out of the launch tube, turn upside-down seven times, and speed through subterranean tunnels twice for a truly Hulktastic ride.
- Flight of Passage at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is a flying theater in Pandora: The World of Avatar. This is one where the focus is on the stunning visuals, rather than edge of the seat thrills. This ride puts you on a bicycle-like seat connected to a Mountain Banshee who takes you soaring through Pandoran skies above the Valley of Mo’ara.
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal’s Islands of Adventure is a combination of an on-foot tour of Hogwarts and flying bench ride with Harry, Ron and Hermione who take you out to the Quidditch pitch for an airborne tour of the castle and grounds. Animatronics, physical effects, and projection screens, as well as benches that move to give you the feeling of flight, serve up a fantastic ride. And did we mention there’s a dragon chasing you?
- Haunted Mansion in Liberty Square at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom is a story-telling track ride that’s been a stalwart of the Disney parks for decades, but it still serves up plenty of fun with 999 happy haunts. You start with the corridor that literally stretches as you make your way to your Doom Buggy. From there you get Ghost Hosts, doomed sea captains, and a truly fun, nostalgic ride with enough surprises to keep you jumpy!
- Mako at SeaWorld Orlando is a landmark in Central Florida thrill rides. It was the first longest, fastest, tallest ride in the area, and reaches speeds up to 73 mph. You weave up and down at speed, giving you plenty of air time to feel like you’re floating before the next big wave of gravity hits. Named for the world’s fastest sharks, this ride lives up to its namesake.
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit at Universal Studios Florida is an unusual ride that lets you choose your own soundtrack with songs from a variety of popular music genres. With your tunes chosen, it’s time to take off, with speeds up to 65 mph and a lift hill that takes you up a straight 90 degrees before you plummet straight down 17 stories. As if that’s not enough, you also experience the world’s first non-inverting loop.
Of course, everyone has their own favorite theme park rides that can’t be missed. Even if you prefer low-key rides like It’s a Small World, the great thing about the theme parks is that they offer rides for all ages to enjoy. Fantasy World resort in Kissimmee Florida also offers plenty of entertainment and comfortable villas perfect for all ages, so make your reservations today.Tags: Kissimmee timeshare rentals, Kissimmee vacation, Rentals Kissimmee, timeshare rentals in disney