Seven Tips for Navigating the Food and Wine Festival
The latest edition of the Epcot Food & Wine Festival has begun and will run through November 19, 2022. That leaves you plenty of time to book your tickets, reserve your vacation villa at FantasyWorld, one of the leading resorts in Kissimmee FL, and keep these tips in mind to ensure you enjoy the more than 30 global marketplaces and all of their food and wine.
- Plan in advance! Get a map (or look online) and decide what you absolutely want to visit and try and what is less important. Then map out your route accordingly. This way you’re not wandering back and forth across the park all day. This also lets you plan for special seminars, speakers and other scheduled events.
- Get there early and pace yourself. There’s a lot to try, and in the warm weather – even possible in November – you may start to feel the food and wine a bit faster. By pacing yourself, you can also better appreciate each selection.
- If the heat is getting to you, head to the World Showcase between the UK and Canada Pavilions. This indoor spot is still a great place to try some of the dishes, and it’s also where many special events are held. However, because of that, be aware it might not always be open to the general public.
- Always travel with your passport – your Epcot Festival Passport, that is! You can personalize the passport with your own information, but it also provides helpful information about merchandise you don’t want to miss, the locations of marketplaces, concert information, and most importantly, a detailed list of all of the dishes. Plus, instead of stamps in your passport to show your travels, you get stickers!
- Plan a budget. Your eyes and stomach will probably end up bigger than your wallet, so it’s a good idea to have a budget limit. To help you stick to it, get a Disney wristlet gift card that you can use specifically for your food purchases so you’re less likely to go over budget. As for your budget, you may want to plan on around $65 per person, because all of those dishes soon add up, and that’s just the food. The drinks, even just samples, can quickly use up your budget, so spend thoughtfully. To get more for your money, consider sharing various dishes so you can try more.
- Try to visit for more than one day. It’s a lot of food and fun to take in and you’ll probably feel better if you spread it out over a few days. Ideally, go during the weekdays when it’s slightly less crowded.
- Don’t be afraid to try new things. This is where going with friends and family comes in handy. You can split the cost of certain foods, and you can probably find someone else who has already tried a food and will be happy to finish it if you decide you don’t like it. Though you’ll probably like it!
These are just a few tips to help you make the most of your trip to Epcot’s Food & Wine Festival. This is a popular event, so make your reservations as soon as possible and don’t forget to book one of the vacation villas at FantasyWorld, one of the outstanding resorts in Kissimmee FL where you can relax, unwind, enjoy the water park and more after your day eating and drinking your way around the world!Tags: condo rentals, Kissimmee timeshare rentals, Kissimmee vacation, resort Orlando vacation