Preparing for a Winter Orlando Vacation
You’re heading to Florida for a winter Orlando vacation, so all you need to bring is shorts, t-shirts and bathing suits, right? Wrong. Though Florida winters are relatively mild, especially compared to northern climates, they are unpredictable – and you might experience some cool temperatures and even occasional frost, particularly in January and February. These tips will help you be prepared for whatever temperatures you might experience:
- Check the extended forecast. Of course weather predictions aren’t always accurate, but you can at least get a general idea of what to expect so you can plan accordingly. Florida nights start to cool down in late November and can be chilly through April.
- Wear layers while traveling. Consider that not only is it possible for the weather to be drastically different at your point of departure than it is at your destination, the temperature in airports and other transportation facilities along your route will be beyond your control. Wearing layers will make it easier for you to stay comfortable.
- Bring at least one pair of long pants, a sweater and a light jacket or windbreaker. Coupling the sweater with a jacket should give you sufficient warmth even on a day that’s cold for Floridians. You don’t need heavy winter clothes for your Orlando vacation.
- Pack garments that can be layered. Even after a cool night, daytime temperatures can get quite warm, and you don’t want to be stuck in an outfit that was comfortable at breakfast but is making you sweat by lunch.
- Bring (or wear) at least one pair of comfortable closed-toed shoes. Even though sandals are worn year-round in Florida, you’ll want shoes that will keep those tootsies warm when the temperatures cool off.
If you need advice or information on the weather once you have arrived at Fantasy World Resort, any member of our staff will be happy to help you.Tags: condo rentals, Kissimmee vacation, Orlando Vacation Packages, resort Orlando vacation, Vacation Packages