Must Haves for Your Disney World Bag
Some of the great perks of choosing to stay at the Fantasy World Kissimmee resorts are the space and amenities inside your personal villa. This includes a washer and dryer so you always have clean clothes available, despite spills. You also have room to spread out and make sure you’ve packed all of the necessities you’ll need for a day spent at Disney World. We have some tips to make sure you pack exactly what you need without weighing you down.
- If you have multiple children and adults, pack two tubes of sunscreen and have more on hand in your vacation villa. The sun in Florida is no joke and you will sweat through sunscreen pretty easily, not to mention any rides where you may get wet. It’s a good idea to reapply sunscreen throughout the day, potentially every few hours, just to make sure you don’t get burned. A sunburn can ruin a trip! Broad spectrum SPF 100 that leaves a light feeling, not a greasy feeling is ideal; just don’t forget to reapply.
- Water bottles. Because of the heat, you need to stay hydrated. Reusable water bottles, especially thermal ones that can keep water cold, are particularly useful. There are water fountains where you can refill them throughout the park, but if you don’t like the taste of the water, you can get free cups of ice water at any quick-service dining spot in the park. You’ll need a few to fill up the bottles, but you’ll be glad you have them. Look for a bag that has outside pockets specifically for water bottles.
- A portable phone charger. A phone charger, also known as an external battery pack or power bank, is a must-have item, because you are going to be using your phone a LOT! From apps like My Disney Experience to all of the pictures and videos you’re likely to take, you’ll need to recharge during your visit.
- Autograph book. This is popular with many children, although you know if it’s something your child is likely to want or not. Still, as they see other children getting autographs from characters, they may decide they want them too, so better to play it safe than sorry. You can find Disney-themed autograph books with a special Mickey pen, but no matter what type of book you get, don’t forget a pen! You may want to keep the book in an outside pocket for easy access and to keep it in good shape.
- One of the great things about staying at FantasyWorld is that you have a full kitchen and can order groceries from Publix grocery store. This means you can pack your own snacks for those times when someone is getting hot and hungry and a tantrum is coming – that goes for adults and kids! Something that can survive the heat and possible crushing is the best bet, unless you have a special small cooler bag you can pack.
- Hand wipes/sanitizer. Whether you’re eating your own snacks or enjoying the great snacks at Disney, it is a good idea to have wipes on hand to get rid of sticky fingers and faces, and hand sanitizer to avoid picking up some germs, especially after each ride and before eating if you can’t get to a bathroom to wash your hands.
- Sunhat and sunglasses. This goes for all ages. The sun really is intense and you’ll be out in it all day, so even children should be wearing proper sunglasses. Soft or foldable sunhats that can be squashed into a corner of a bag are ideal for when you need to take them off for rides. However, keep them on when you’re outside to help protect your face and preferably one with coverage to protect your neck, as well.
- Rain Ponchos. Pick up some cheap plastic ponchos at a dollar store, because even though the afternoon thunderstorms are fairly regular, they are often quite short. They may even feel good after the heat, though beware of lightning. If the rain continues, a poncho can come in handy to help you get around until you find somewhere dry or if you just want a little protection.
These are the basics you’ll need with slightly older children and up. Obviously, babies and young toddlers may need a full bag of their own supplies, including light blankets to protect them from the sun during naps, as well as changes of clothing. You’ll know what you need for a day out with your child, so pack accordingly. To make sure you don’t miss anything, it helps to be able to spread out all of the items you think you’ll need before packing your bag. When you stay at one of the Kissimmee resorts like FantasyWorld, you have plenty of space to spread out and make sure you have everything to enjoy your visit, plus so much more!Tags: Kissimmee timeshare rentals, Orlando vacation resort, Orlando Vacation Villas, Rentals Kissimmee, resort in kissimmee fl