Holiday Travel Tips for Visiting a Vacation Resort in Kissimmee
Are you planning a stay at one of the exciting vacation resorts in Kissimmee during the holidays? You probably know that travel during the holiday season can be a challenge because it seems like everyone else is going somewhere at the same time you are.
We can’t do anything about the crowds, long lines at airports or crazy drivers on the road, but we’ve put together some tips to help you survive your trip so you can relax and enjoy our vacation resort in Kissimmee.
- Get the latest travel apps. Before you leave home, download apps like Flight Status and GateGuru so you can get real-time updates on any delays, gate information and more.
- Pack as light as possible. You may not be able to avoid checking bags but don’t pack more than you can handle without assistance so you don’t have to worry about finding someone to help you or risk leaving your bags unattended. And remember to take your medication, important documents and a change of clothes in your carry-on.
- Bring your own snacks. Have your own food with you in case you get stuck on the tarmac after boarding the plane. Pack snacks at home or pick up something at an airport shop or restaurant. You might also want to grab bottles of water or other beverages in the airport to take on board with you (remember, you can’t take them through security) so you don’t have to wait for a busy flight attendant to serve you on the plane.
- Travel at off-peak times. Avoid heavy traffic, long lines and short tempers by traveling on off-peak days or at off-peak times, such as early in the morning or late at night.
- Be gift savvy. If you’re planning to exchange gifts on your trip and you’re flying, don’t wrap them – they may get unwrapped for a security inspection. Consider gift cards or shopping in Kissimmee.
- Expect the unexpected. Think about what might go wrong and prepare for it as best you can. Then relax and don’t stress over what you can’t control.