15 Free Things at Walt Disney World
A trip to Walt Disney World is a magical experience, but the magic comes at a cost. Travel, vacation rentals in Kissimmee, and park tickets are a large part of any budget, and that’s before you factor in food, souvenirs, and the must-have mouse ears. However, with a bit of planning and creative thinking, you’ll be surprised by just how many freebies you can take advantage of during your vacation.
- Even during the cooler months, it is important to stay hydrated as you explore the parks. Fortunately, you can get a cup of free cold or hot water at any food counter.
- If the kids — or you — are thirsty and want something a bit different, Club Cool at Epcot’s Future World offers different tastes of Coke from around the world. There are eight different flavors you can try for free.
- If you have children under the age of three, they can eat free when dining off the parents’ plates at any buffets or family style restaurants in the park.
- When you book your tickets, you receive three fast passes per person for each day. Book these fast passes right away for the characters and rides you’re most interested in, because they allow you to skip the long lines.
- Once you’re in the park, there are lots of special performances that are memorable and free. The Disney Fireworks will fill you with awe and should not be missed.
- The Electrical Water Pageant is a Disney classic. This visual wonder was only meant to be for one night in 1971, but all these years later, it is still going, at multiple locations throughout the park from 9-10 p.m.
- On the first day you arrive, check into one of the vacation rentals in Kissimmee, such as Fantasy World, and take advantage of their water park and other great activities. This is a great way to get into the vacation spirit without jumping straight into the rides after traveling.
- Don’t forget the monorail and boat rides for a fun view of the parks. They’re a fun, free way to take a break, while still enjoying a great experience.
- Disney’s Boardwalk is a great spot to visit in the evenings to see a variety of performers, including acrobats, magicians, and comedians.
- Before you even reach the parks, you can start collecting great souvenirs of your trip by requesting the free Disney planning video. Not only does it give you great advice and suggestions, but it really helps to get the whole family excited.
- Before you go, don’t forget to sign up for the free custom Disney park maps. You can customize them with your name, rides that are top of your list, and much more.
- Even if you don’t go for the custom maps, there are plenty of free maps at the park. Grab extras if you’re planning on visiting for multiple days. Then you can map out where you want to go each day instead of criss-crossing all over the park.
- Kids love collecting all sorts of things and Disney has plenty to enjoy. Stickers are always popular, so keep an eye out for cast members with sticker books and rolls of stickers that they can give away.
- Cast members that are part of Disney transportation often have trading cards available. You can also pick up collectible trading cards at the Fire Station on Main Street.
Photos are a great reminder of a magical Disney trip, but if you don’t want to pay for a PhotoPass, most cast members will take a photo for you using your own camera if you ask nicely.Tags: Kissimmee Condo, Kissimmee timeshare rentals, Kissimmee vacation