Holiday Events at Orlando Theme Parks
If you’re planning to visit the various Orlando theme parks over the holidays, make sure you choose a Kissimmee vacation resort like Fantasy World, where you have plenty of space and a full kitchen to indulge in your own traditions. Even when on vacation, it’s nice to keep a few family traditions going, whether it’s a special meal, a game night, putting out Christmas stockings, or any way you choose to mark the holidays. You get the benefits of a space that feels like home, with the perks of being a short drive from some of the world’s best theme parks. Here’s just a sampling of the wide array of holiday events taking place this year.
- A Frozen Holiday Wish is a breath-taking show each night in which Queen Elsa, along with Anna, Kristoff, and Olaf, transform the Castle into an icy wonder using more than 200,000 lights.
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is the most extensive of the celebrations at the Magic Kingdom. Over 23 nights, from November 8 to December 21, there will be live entertainment, a new festive parade, musical stage shows, and special fireworks. In addition, in the days after the Party, there are other special events, including Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade, which replaces the usual daytime parade from December 23rd 2019 onwards. Similarly, Holiday Wishes is a special fireworks display taking over each night from December 23 through the holiday season.
- This is where you’ll find plenty of traditional Christmas attractions, such as Stitch’s Holiday Gift Hunt. This fun scavenger hunt has 16 stops to help guests find out where Experiment 626 is hiding.
- The Christmas Tree Trail is a heart-warming walk that takes you past 27 trees, each dedicated to popular Disney characters, including Mickey and Minnie, of course, but also Mary Poppins, and even characters from Toy Story and Star Wars.
- Of course, it’s not Christmas without Saint Nick, and you’ll find him at Santa’s Chalet through December 24th. After that, until December 31, Santa Goofy takes over the big guy’s job.
- Explore the holidays around the world at Epcot’s International Festival of the Holidays from November 29 to December 30. Start off with the International Yuletide Extravaganza, where you’ll hear stories and learn about holiday traditions from around the world.
- Each day at the Future World Fountain Stage, guests can take in Joyful! A Gospel Celebration of the Season, a wonderful blend of holiday tunes.
- Kids will love Chip & Dale’s Christmas Tree Spree, where they search for the lovable characters to find a sticker map with a festive surprise at the end.
- Other Epcot highlights include the Holiday Kitchens, which let you try holiday food traditions from around the world, and Illuminations: Reflections of Earth, which is the big fireworks show with some extra holiday magic added.
Universal Studios Florida
- Fans of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade won’t want to miss Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s. There will be 12 new festive balloons, and 15 floats that you won’t see anywhere else. This fantastic parade runs from November 16, 2019, until January 5, 2020.
- Mannheim Steamroller has become almost synonymous with the holiday season and they will be back in Orlando to perform this holiday season.
- A show for all ages is the Blues Brothers Holiday Show, with favorites like ‘Santa Claus is Coming to Town’ and ‘Blue Christmas’.
- Finally, Diagon Alley at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter will be transformed into a Christmas treat with decorations, festivities, and hot butterbeer!
These are just some of the events taking place in the many parks this holiday season. Even Animal Kingdom, which doesn’t transform as much, will be adding some special decorations and activities to the park. Whether you’re visiting one or all of the theme parks this holiday season, make sure you make a reservation at Fantasy World, an outstanding Kissimmee vacation resort, to make your holiday fun complete.Tags: Kissimmee Condo, Kissimmee timeshare rentals, Kissimmee vacation, Rentals Kissimmee, resort in kissimmee fl