Things to do in Kissimmee (Summer 2015)
No matter when you plan to visit one of the beautiful Kissimmee, FL resorts, you’ll find plenty going on outside the major theme parks. Throughout the year, you’ll find fun and exciting entertainment in the Kissimmee/St. Cloud area. Here’s a sample of upcoming events:
- Forever Fest at Forever Florida. Held the third Sunday of every month from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., this is an outdoor festival with music, food, children’s pony rides, local vendors, coach tours and more. It’s held at Ziplines & Adventures in the Wild in St. Cloud. Admission is free.
- Hipstoric 3rd Friday. Held monthly on the third Friday, this celebration in downtown St. Cloud includes the Daily City Food Truck Bazaar, plenty of shopping, prizes and a free movie in the evening.
- Movie in the Park. Bring a blanket and enjoy a free family-friendly movie at Kissimmee Lakefront Park on the first Friday of every month. Movie starts at dusk. Concessions are available.
- Saturday Night Rodeo. Experience the longest-running Saturday night championship rodeo in the United States every Saturday, 7:30 p.m., at Westgate Resort River Ranch. Thrill to bull riding, calf roping, trick riding and barrel racing—and even take your turn on a mechanical bull. Admission is $15.50 for adults, $8 for children ages 5 to 12.
- Silver Spurs Rodeo Historical Exhibit. When you think of this area, your first thought may be of Kissimmee, FL resorts, but rodeo has a long history here. Visit the Osceola County Welcome Center & History Museum to see The Silver Spurs Rodeo: Taking Stock through August 31, 2015. This fascinating display tells the story of the largest rodeo east of the Mississippi. Admission is free.