5 Reasons to Stay at Fantasy World during WDW Marathon Weekend
The Walt Disney World Marathon began in 1994 as an event designed to attract guests to the theme park during a typically slow time of year. The first race route took 5, 588 runners through all three parks (yes, that’s all the Disney Resort in Orlando had at the time).
Today, the WDW Marathon Weekend is actually five days of races (5K, 10K, 13.1 and 26.2 miles) and other activities that will attract more than 10 times the number of 1994 racers. If you’re planning to attend, here’s why you should stay at a water park resort near Disney:
• A villa with its own kitchen lets you stock and prepare foods and beverages that will allow you to compete at your best. This is especially important in those pre-dawn hours when you’re getting ready to head to the start line.
- Easy access to various event venues. A conveniently-located water park resort near Disney makes it easy to get to all marathon-related activities and events.
• Space and privacy. Fantasy World’s townhome villas comfortably accommodate up to six people and provide plenty of privacy for athletes who need to get their rest and awake early.
• A place to relax. Pools, hot tubs, and a fitness center with sauna and steam room can help with pre- and post-race relaxation and soothing those aching muscles.
- Plenty of amenities for the entire family. Chances are not everyone in your family is a runner – and even if they are, you won’t spend all your time during the WDW Marathon Weekend running. Fantasy World offers amenities to keep everyone entertained, including a lazy river, two water slides, kids’ splash pad, playground, mini golf, floating driving range, tennis, batting cages and much more.