7 Ways to Eat Healthy on Vacation
You go on vacation to get away, relax and enjoy yourself, but you don’t have to leave your good eating habits at home. These tips will help you eat healthy and have a great time during your stay at your choice of Kissimmee FL resorts:
- Make healthy selections. Restaurants and even convenience stores are responding to consumer demand for healthier foods that are still flavorful. Check out menus online ahead of time so you know what your options are.
- Resist the urge to splurge. You’re likely going to be eating out while you’re on vacation more than you do at home, and that probably means higher-fat, higher-calorie and just generally larger portions than you consume at home. It could also mean tempting desserts. Exercise portion control even in restaurants. Stop eating before you feel uncomfortably full. Try sharing your entrée or ordering an appetizer as your main meal.
- Have it your way. You don’t have to take any dish exactly as it’s listed on the menu. Feel free to make special requests that will result in a healthier meal.
- Walk it off. A vacation at one of the Kissimmee FL resorts will likely include visits to the major theme parks and other attractions, so you’ll have plenty of opportunity to walk off some extra calories. You can also swim in one of Fantasy World’s beautiful pools for some exercise.
- Drink plenty of water. Traveling and sightseeing – especially in Florida – can dehydrate you. Take water with you everywhere you go and remember to drink it.
- Eat plenty of fiber-rich foods. Get at least five servings of fruits and vegetables every day. Your meals will seem more filling, helping curb a desire to overeat, and you’ll keep your levels of antioxidants high.
- Prepare some of your own meals. Each villa at Fantasy World Resort includes a full kitchen and comfortable dining area. We also have charcoal and gas grills and picnic tables. You can save money and eat well by preparing at least some of your own meals and keeping a stash of healthy snacks on hand.